Agricultural Engineering: Kris Kohl
Areas of Expertise
Livestock facilities, building materials and construction ventilation systems, manure management systems, soil erosion and crop residue management, soil and water conservation, ground water quality, well construction and maintenance, farm machinery, environmental regulations, energy conservation and farm safety.
Farm operators, agricultural business and citizens of Iowa.
Joined ISU Extension
Extension Positions/Other Experience
Farmed on family farm 1976-1986.
- Ph.D., Agricultural Engineering, Iowa State University, 1988
- M.S., Agricultural Engineering, South Dakota State University, 1986
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, South Dakota University, 1984
- Alpha Epsilon (Agricultural Engineering Honor)
- Gamma Sigma Delta (Agriculture Honor)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor)
- National Needs Fellowship
- Iowa State University Research Excellent Award
- American Society of Agriculture National Paper Award
- United States Department of Agriculture Certificate of Appreciation award
- ISU Extension Achievement Award
- Kohl, K.D., R.A. Kohl and D.W. DeBoer, 1987. Measurement of low pressure sprinkler evaporation loss. TRANSACTIONS of the ASAE 30(4): 1071-1074.
- Kohl, R.A., K.D. Kohl and D.W. DeBoer, 1987. Chemigation drift and volatilization potential. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 3(2):174-177.
- Kohl, K.D., W.J. Elliot and J.M. Laflen. 1988 Evaluation rill hydraulic radii with rill meter on photogrammetric methods. ASAE paper no. MCR 88-112.
- Elliot, W.J., K.D. Kohl and J.M. Laflen. 1988 Methods of collection WEPP soil erodibility data. ASAE Paper No. MCR 88-138.
- Rawls, W.J., D.L. Brakensiek, J.R. Simanton and K.D. Kohl, 1989. Development of a crust factor for a Green Ampt model. ASAE Paper No. 89-2542.
- Elliot, W.J., J.M. Laflen, K.D. Kohl and A.W. Thomas. 1989. Comparison of photogrammetric and rillmeter techniques for hydraulic measurement in soil erosion studies. ASAE Paper No. 89-2621.
- Liebenow, A.M., W.J. Elliot, J.M. Laflen, and K.D. Kohl, 1990. Interrill erodibility: collection and analysis of data from cropland and soils. TRANSACTIONS of the ASAE 33(6) 1882-1990.
- Kohl, K.D., S.W. Melvin, and J.P. Hultgrin. 1991. Implementing nitrogen management to protect Iowa's groundwater. ASAE paper no. 91-2551.
- Kohl, K.D. 1991. Conservation Tillage: effects on soil erosion. Iowa State University Extension Pub. AE 3050.
- Kohl, K.D., and T.H. Greiner. 1995 Vented plumbing for livestock manure handling. Iowa State University Extension Pub. 1600.
- Kohl, K.D., and J.C. Lorimor. 1997. Swine manure management and Iowa's manure law. Iowa State University Extension pub. 1700.
- Lorimor, J.C., K.D. Kohl, G. Wells. 1997. Swine liquid manure nutrient concentrations field study results. ASAE paper no. 97-2043.
- Kohl, K.D., J.C. Lorimor and S.W. Melvin. 1998. Winter manure management. Animal Production Systems and the Environment. Power and proceedings vol.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Program Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden