Agricultural Engineering: Kapil Arora
Areas of Expertise
RUSLE2, Corn Stover Harvest, Farmland Drainage, Water Quality, Soil Conservation Practices, Soil Erosion, Composting.
Agri-businesses, farmers, homeowners, livestock producers
Joined ISU Extension
Extension Positions/Other Experience
- senior engineer for a private firm working with organic, non-hazardous industrial solid waste management, 1998-2002
- environmental engineer, 1996-1998
- Ph.D., Agricultural Engineering (Soil & Water Resources), Iowa State University, 2014
- M.S., Agricultural Engineering & Environmental Engineering (Double Majors), Iowa State University, 1995
- ISU Extension - Scholarship and Discovery/Engagement Award, 2011
- ISU - R.K. Bliss Outstanding Career Achievement Award, 2010
- ISU Extension - Excellence in Agricultural Extension Programs Award, 2009
- ISU Extension - Achievement by Educational Team Award, 2008, 2004
- ISU Extension - Individual Achievement Award, 2006
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Extension Professionals Society - State Early Career Award, 2006
- Iowa State University Extension - New Professional Award, 2005
- Alpha Epsilon Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Superior Paper Award, American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE)
- Arora, Kapil, Steven K. Mickelson, Matthew J. Helmers, and James L. Baker, 2010. Review of Pesticide Retention Processes Occurring in Buffer Strips Receiving Agricultural Runoff. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) 46(3):618-647.
- Mickelson, S.K., M.J. Helmers, K. Arora, and M. Bansal. 2006. Vegetative Filter Education and Assessment in the State of Iowa. Paper presented at the 2006 ASABE Annual International Meeting, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon, USA. 9 - 12 July 2006. ASABE meeting paper Number 062175.
- Arora, K., S.K. Mickelson, J. L. Baker, M.J. Helmers. 2006. Effect of Buffer Strip Processes on Pesticide Transport from Agricultural Fields: A Review. Paper presented at the 2006 ASABE Annual International Meeting, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon, USA. 9 - 12 July 2006. ASABE meeting paper Number 062152.
- Arora, K., S.K. Mickelson, and J.L. Baker. 2003. Effectiveness of vegetated buffer strips in reducing pesticide transport in simulated runoff. Transactions of the ASAE 46(3): 635-644.
- Baker, J. L., S. K. Mickelson, K. Arora, and A. K. Misra. 2000. The Potential of Vegetated Filter Strips to Reduce Pesticide Transport. p 272-285 in T. R. Steinheimer, L. J. Ross, and T. D. Spittler, eds., Agrochemical Fate and Movement: Perspective and Scale of Study. American Chemical Society (ACS) Symposium Series 751. Oxford University Press, Washington, D.C.
- Arora, K., S. K. Mickelson, J. L. Baker, D. P. Tierney and C. J. Peters. 1996. Herbicide Retention by Vegetative Buffer Strips Under Natural Rainfall. Transactions of the ASAE 39(6):2155-2162.
- Arora, K., S.K. Mickelson, and J.L. Baker. 1995. Evaluating vegetative buffer strips for herbicide retention. Paper No. 95-2699. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI.
- Arora, K., J.L. Baker, S.K. Mickelson, and D.P. Tierney. 1993. Evaluating herbicide removal by buffer strips under natural rainfall. Paper No. 93-2593. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI 49085.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Program Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden