Field Agronomist: Paul Kassel
Areas of Expertise
Extension educational programs in crop production and protection; soil survey, fertility and conservation; and management of weeds, insects and crop disease.
Farmers and agribusiness personnel; educational programs are available for farmers, agribusiness, pesticide applicators and certified crop advisors.
Joined ISU Extension
Joined August, 1989
Extension Positions/Other Experience
- Agronomy extension,1981-present.
- Pioneer hi-bred in South Dakota for 3 years
- M.S., Agronomy, Iowa State University,1981
- B.S., Agronomy, Iowa State University, 1978
- A few paper presentations at the North Central Weed Science Society
- Past President of Iowa Section of National Association of County Agricultural Agents
- Past President of the ISU Ag Alumni Association
2011 -- Using Ground Eggshells as a Liming Material in Corn and Soybean Production, by John D. Holmes, John E. Sawyer, Paul Kassel, and Dorivar Ruiz Diaz. Journal: Crop Management, Plant Management Network. www.plantmanagementnetwork.org/cm
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Field Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden