Field Agronomist: Brian Lang
Areas of Expertise
- Develop and conduct educational programs in row crop, forage, and pasture management with emphasis on integrated crop management and controlled intensive grazing.
- Specific areas of expertise include: corn, soybean, small grain, hay, silage, and grazing management; soil testing and nutrient recommendations; manure management; pesticide management; conventional, ridge-till, and no-till production; with emphasis on net profit, sustainability, and environmental concerns.
- Advise and assist with multi-agency water quality projects in Northeast Iowa.
- Arrange multi-disciplined programs with local and state extension agricultural specialists, agricultural providers, and conservation agencies.
- Provide timely media releases on critical crop management related issues
ISU Extension Agricultural Specialists and County Directors, Crop and livestock producers, Agricultural chemical and fertilizer providers, Seed company agronomists and dealers, Farm managers, Crop consultants, Iowa Department of Ag and Land Stewardship and USDA employees, Private sector agricultural related professionals such as organic producer groups, grazing groups, etc., Elected officials and media
Joined ISU Extension
Extension Positions/Other Experience
- ISU Extension Associate - Forage Specialist, 1989
- Agronomist, Dodge County Cooperatives, WI, 1980-83
- M.S., Agronomy, University of Wisconsin, 1985
- B.S., Agronomy and Soil Science, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- Authored extension publications and fact sheets on corn, soybean, and alfalfa management, alternative forage crops, and grazing.
- Presentations at numerous professional agronomy meetings, agricultural provider and producer conferences, agricultural field events, workshops, and farm expos
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Field Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden