Farm Management: Kelvin Leibold
Areas of Expertise
- Farm management
- Farmland and Building leasing
- Global agriculture
- Land values
- Farm Machinery management
- Estate planning
- Intergenerational transfer and Beginning Farmers
Farmers, lenders, farm managers, Extension staff
Joined ISU Extension
Extension Positions/Other Experience
- Farm Management Field Specialist, Iowa State University, 1992-present
- Franklin County Extension Agriculturist, Iowa State University, 1987-92
- Vocational Agriculture Instructor, Rolfe Comm. Schools, Rolfe, Iowa, 1984-87
- Insurance and Investment Sales, Northwestern Mutual Life, Cresco, Iowa, 1982-84
- Retail Fertilizer Sales, Kaiser Ag. Chemicals, Cresco, Iowa, 1979-82
- Vocational Agriculture Instructor, Starmont Comm. Schools, Iowa, 1977-79
- M.S., Agricultural Education, Iowa State University, 1987
- B.S., Agricultural Education, Iowa State University, 1977
- ISU Extension Team Achievement Award 2007 - "John Deere Development Project"
- ISU Extension Team Achievement Award 2007 - "John Deere Teaching Team"
- Epsilon Sigma Phi State Mid-Career Award 2005
- ISU Extension Team Achievement Award 2004 - "Ag Management E-School"
- ISU Extension "R. K. Bliss" Award 2004
- NACAA Distinguished Service Award 2003
- ISU Extension Team Achievement Award 2002 - "Farm Bill Education"
- NACAA Communication Award 2002
- Manure Nutrient Management, Individual Achievement Award 2001
- ISU Extension Achievement Award 2001 - "Farm Financial Counseling"
- ISU Achievement Award 1999
- ISU Extension Achievement Award 1997
- National Association of County Ag Agents Achievement Award 1996
- Epsilon Sigma Phi State Early Career Award 1994
- Hampton Chamber DSA Award 1992
- University Extension New Professional Award 1989
- Co-authored three articles in Pm-1746 "Iowa's Pork Industry-Dollars and Scents"
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Field Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden