About ISU Extension and Outreach: Adair County
The Adair County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Adair County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Adair County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Serving all aspects of the Adair County Community
Horizons-working with communities to reduce poverty
Nutrition and health
Building family strengths
Growing Strong Families for families with children 0-5
Conservation of resources
Clover Kids for 1st-3rd graders
Community Club 4-H porgram for 4th-12th graders
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living