Welcome! This page contains information about the Iowa Land Value Survey, directed by Michael Duffy, Iowa State University extension farm management specialist and professor of economics. The survey has been conducted annually since 1941, and is the only statewide survey that collects information on land values in each of Iowa's 99 counties.
News Release on 1999 Land Values distributed on Dec. 15, 1999 [text format]. Includes tables comparing 1999 and 1998 values by crop reporting district and by county.
Brochure summarizing 1999 survey, in Adobe Acrobat format for printing.
Gif format (for onscreen viewing only):
Map of 1999 Land Values, by
Map of 1999 County Land Values, by Percentage of Increase
Map of 1999 Land Values, by Crop Reporting District
PDF format (requires Acrobat reader), for printing camera-ready copies:
Files include the three maps listed above, and a camera-ready version of the table.
For additional details, see this briefing paper prepared by Michael Duffy.
Prepared for 1999 news conference. View a complete slide show or select individual slides from the list below.
1. 1999 Statewide Average, All Grades of Land
2. 1999 Statewide Average, High Grade Land
3. 1999 Statewide Average, Medium Grade Land
4. 1999 Statewide Average, Low Grade Land
5. 1999 Average, Northwest Crop Reporting District
6. 1999 Average, North Central Crop Reporting District
7. 1999 Average, Northeast Crop Reporting District
8. 1999 Average, West Central Crop Reporting District
9. 1999 Average, Central Crop Reporting District
10. 1999 Average, East Central Crop Reporting District
11. 1999 Average, Southwest Crop Reporting District
12. 1999 Average, South Central Crop Reporting District
13. 1999 Average, Southeast Crop Reporting District
14. 1999 Average Dollar Values, by County
15. 1999 Percentage Change, by County
16. Statewide Average Land Values by Land Classification, 1979-1999
17. 1999 Land Sales Activity, Compared to 1998
18. 1999 Land Sales Activity, Compared to 1998, by Crop Reporting District
19. 1999 Land Buyers, by type of buyer
20. 1999 Positive Factors Influencing Land Values
21. 1999 Negative Factors Influencing Land Values
1998 Land Value Survey
2000 Land Value Survey
For Iowa Land Value Survey information, including county and crop district data for 1950 - 1998, visit
ISU Extension Publications Homepage
Please send comments and questions to Del Marks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: Dec. 22, 2004