Welcome! This page contains information about the Iowa Land Value Survey, directed by Michael Duffy, Iowa State University extension farm management specialist and professor of economics. The survey has been conducted annually since 1941, and is the only statewide survey that collects information on land values in each of Iowa's 99 counties.
News Release on 2000 Land Values distributed on Dec. 20, 2000 [text format]. Includes tables comparing 2000 and 1999 values by crop reporting district and by county.
Gif format (for onscreen viewing only):
Map 1: 2000 and 1999 Iowa Land
Map 2: Percentage Change in Iowa Land Values, 1999 to 2000
Map 3: 2000 Iowa Land Values by Crop Reporting District
Map 4: 2000 Iowa Land Values (dollar ranking)
Map 5: Percentage Change in Iowa Land Values, 1999 to 2000 (ranking)
PDF format (requires Acrobat reader), for printing camera-ready copies:
Files include the five maps listed above, and a camera-ready version of the table.
For additional details, see this briefing paper prepared by Michael Duffy.
Prepared for the Dec. 20, 2000, news conference. View a complete slide show or select individual slides from the list below.
1. 2000 Statewide Average, All Grades of Land
2. 2000 Statewide Average, High Grade Land
3. 2000 Statewide Average, Medium Grade Land
4. 2000 Statewide Average, Low Grade Land
5. 2000 Average, Northwest Crop Reporting District
6. 2000 Average, North Central Crop Reporting District
7. 2000 Average, Northeast Crop Reporting District
8. 2000 Average, West Central Crop Reporting District
9. 2000 Average, Central Crop Reporting District
10. 2000 Average, East Central Crop Reporting District
11. 2000 Average, Southwest Crop Reporting District
12. 2000 Average, South Central Crop Reporting District
13. 2000 Average, Southeast Crop Reporting District
14. 2000 Average Dollar Values, by County
15. 2000 Percentage Change, by County
16. Statewide Average Land Values by Land Classification, 1979-1999
17. 2000 Land Sales Activity, Compared to 1999
18. 2000 Land Sales Activity, Compared to 1999, by Crop Reporting District
19. 2000 Land Buyers, by type of buyer
20. 2000 Land Buyers, by Crop Reporting District
21. 2000 Positive Factors Influencing Land Values
22. 2000 Negative Factors Influencing Land Values
1999 Land Value Survey
2001 Land Value Survey
ISU Extension Publications Homepage
Please send comments and questions to Del Marks:
Last update: March 18, 2002