Angela Rieck-Hinz and Rachel Klein, Department of Agronomy
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR), will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry manure operators on seven different dates and locations in February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
The workshop information will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource. The 2012 program features speakers from the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship who will discuss the requirements of selling and buying manure under Chapter 200A.
Workshop topics will include land application rules, stockpiling requirements, a look at current research results from winter application of solid manures and discussion on the requirements for buying and selling manure. The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Please register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. Workshop locations and dates are:
- Feb. 1, Thompson — Branding Iron Restaurant. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-584-2261 to register.
- Feb. 16, Ellsworth — Ellsworth Public Library. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 515-832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 17, Clarion — Heartland Museum. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 515-532-3453 to register.
- Feb 20, Washington — Washington County Extension Office. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 319-653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 22, Orange City — Sioux County Extension Office. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 712-737-4230
- Feb. 23, Storm Lake — Buena Vista County Extension Office. Please note, this meeting starts at 9 a.m. Call 712-732-5056 to register.
- Feb. 27, Greenfield — Greenfield Chamber of Commerce meeting room. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-743-8412 to register.
This article was published originally on 1/17/2012 The information contained within the article may or may not be up to date depending on when you are accessing the information.
Links to this material are strongly encouraged. This article may be republished without further permission if it is published as written and includes credit to the author, Integrated Crop Management News and Iowa State University Extension. Prior permission from the author is required if this article is republished in any other manner.