Farm and Ag Business Management Meetings
This workshop will answer estate planning questions and prepare you for your future farm transitions and estate planning.
- Language of Estate Planning
- Property Ownership
- Use of Business Entities
- Transferring Decision Making Control
- Gift, Estate & Inheritance Taxes
- Calculating Retirement Costs
- Setting Goals for Retirement or Farm Transition
- Steps for Implementing Your Estate Plan
- Melissa O'Rourke - Farm & Agribusiness Management Specialist for Northwest Iowa
- Kelvin Leibold - Farm & Agribusiness Management Specialist for Central Iowa
programs run from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM, lunch is included. $50/person,
payable to Extension Office at each site. Dates below are tentative and
subject to change.
|June 2013||For information on Evaluating Your Estate Plan|
sites for June 2013, see the ISU Extension and Outreach Calendar
|* Information will be added as it becomes available. More meetings will be offered in June 2013.|
July and August, leasing meetings will be held throughout Iowa at
various locations. Meeting fees and registration requirements may vary
by location. Each workshop attendee will receive a 100-page booklet of
useful materials about farm leasing arrangements. Workshops will last
approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours and will be led by Iowa State University
Extension farm management specialists. The 2013 meetings will focus on
issues related to CSR, land values and rental rates, and tools for
determining a “fair” cash rent. Other topics will include issues that
will impact the next year in agriculture.
For specific questions regarding leasing meetings or to find a location near you, visit the ISU Extension and Outreach Calendar or contact your local County Extension Office.
- Iowa Cash Rental Rate Survey and Land Values Survey
- Comparison of different types of leases
- Lease termination
- Impacts of yields and prices
- Calculating a fair cash rent
- Use of spreadsheets to compare leases
- Issues unique to this year’s production and an outlook for 2014.
- Available Internet resources
Updated May 9, 2013