4-H STEM Training Resources
Supporting youth in their exploration of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) topics can feel like a daunting task, especially if:
Don't worry, you're not alone!
4-H STEM offers a variety of training resources to help you succeed.
Iowa 4-H Science Inquiry Workshops
These Science Inquiry Workshops focus on how to work with youth to help them develop their science inquiry process skills. It also provides basic information about resources for developing STEM youth programs. Click here for all the details.
National 4-H Science Online Trainings and Resources
Whether you're looking for guidance on doing STEM with youth, help with fundraising or volunteer recruitment, tips for growing your 4-H STEM program, or scripts for training others on implementing National 4-H Science programs and curricula, the National 4-H website offers lots of tools, resources, scripts, and webinars to help you.
- To find handouts, training scripts, self assessments, online training modules and more, check out the Science Professional Development tools
- For an archive of past webinars on topics from starting 4-H robotics programs to fundraising for your 4-H Science program click here. (Tip: once on this site press "control F" and type in a key word to find webinars on the topic you're looking for.)
To see a calendar of upcoming webinars and register for ones you'd like to attend click here.
Robotics Training Resources
Robotics is one of the most exciting, fastest growing project areas in 4-H. But starting a 4-H Robotics program can be intimidating. Click here to find trainings and resources to help you through the process.
Most of us love to share our knowledge, that's why we're in non-formal education! Connecting to your colleagues (4-H staff and volunteers) who have started or run a 4-H STEM program similar to what you want to do (or are already doing) can really help! They can offer advice and support, ideas, resources, and more. Use CYSTEM to find programs similar to yours and contact those program leaders. Check out our 4-H STEM Activities Showcase to connect with others doing exciting STEM programs, or contact the Campus 4-H STEM office and we'll do our best to connect you to someone with experience in your project area.
- 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Clover Kids
- 4-H Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM)
- What is 4-H STEM?
- Populate CYSTEM Map
- 4-H STEM Projects
- STEM Activity Showcase
- 4-H STEM Opportunities
- Resources for Doing STEM With Youth
- Contact 4-H STEM
- Connecting Learning & Living Programs
- Iowa 4-H Afterschool
- Iowa 4-H Camping
- Iowa AmeriCorps 4-H Outreach
- Service Learning