Shooting Sports Instructor Training
Spring 2013 Iowa 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Training
The Iowa Spring 2013 4-H Shooting Sports Instructor Training will be held April 5-7, 2013, at the Iowa 4-H Center near Madrid, Iowa.
Training participants must be approved from their local county extension office. This process, which must be completed prior to attending the training, requires a completed 4-H volunteer application and the successful completion of background checks as part of the 4-H Child Protection and Safety Policy administered by their County Extension Office. It can take from 3-5 weeks. Contact your County Extension Office for more details.
Training will be offered in Archery, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Wildlife Skills and County 4-H SESS Coordinator.
Click on above link for more information.
- Earlybird registration by March 1: $145
- Late registration March 2-15: $155
- No registration accepted after March 15
- Check with your County Extension Office as most counties provide some assistance or complete scholarship for this registration fee in exchange for a commitment by teh volunteer to be active int he program for a specified number of years.
- Registration is first come first serve: once a discipline is full, a volunteer will have the option to enroll in a new discipline that is not full
Click on above link to register for the training.
Click on above link for agenda.
If you are a new volunteer in your county and your health information is not in 4-H Online, please complete the adult medical form and fax both pages to 515/294-4443 or mail them to Shooting Sports Training, Extension 4-H Youth Building, Ames, IA 50011-3630
Directions to the Iowa 4-H Center
Directions to the Iowa 4-H Center are located at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/site/www.extension.iastate.edu/files/4h/DirectionsTo4H.pdf.
A map of the camp is located at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/sites/www.extension.iastate.edu/files/4h/4HcampMap2004.pdf