The 4-H swine program is part of the animal science project. The program will help you learn about the selection, production, breeding and management of swine.
If you have already signed up for this 4-H project, come on in and get started. If you haven't signed up yet, contact your county 4-H office and become a member today.
Check out some great "Upcoming Events" below for February 2016!
State Fair 4-H Livestock Information!
Swine Show Health Info.
- County Fair Procedure Recommendations
- County Fair Biosecurity Best Practices
- National Pork Board PEDV Resources
- Exhibitor Recommendations for Weigh-Ins
- Volunteer Recommendations for Weigh-Ins
Fair Health Materials
Fair Show Reporting Info.
- Fair Application Form
- Fair Reporting Form
- House File 557
- Exhibition Rules
- Connect Recording
- FAQ's Page
State Fair Swine Tagging
Video (see bottom of webpage)
4-H Swine DNA Tagging Procedure
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Livestock Homepage
- Livestock ID
- Livestock Judging
- FSQA Food Safety Quality Assurance
- 4-H Animal Science Round-Up
- Animal Care Resources
- Iowa State Fair Livestock
- 4-H Commodity Carnival
- Veterinary Science
- Creative Arts
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Personal Development
- Science Technology Engineering & Math
- Project Helpers
4-H Swine Project Manuals
- The Incredible Pig, Level 1
- Putting the Oink in Pig, Level 2
- Going Whole Hog, Level 3
- Swine Project Helpers Guide
- National 4H Swine Curriculum
- County Swine ID Report (4H106F)
ISU Extension Resources