The purpose of 4-H recordkeeping is to teach how to keep records, which is an important life skill. Recordkeeping is an ongoing process that does not end when the 4-H year ends. Youth are encouraged to select from a variety of alternatives to meet their individual recordkeeping needs and learning styles.
- To learn how to set goals, how to make plans for action, and how to decide how well you did (evaluation).
- To learn the skills of record keeping and organization to use now and in the future.
- To learn to communicate and summarize.
- To learn responsibility by completing a task.
- To evaluate information that will market personal skills through future resumes and application forms