The purpose of 4-H recordkeeping is to teach how to keep records, which is an important life skill. Recordkeeping is an ongoing process that does not end when the 4-H year ends. Youth are encouraged to select from a variety of alternatives to meet their individual recordkeeping needs and learning styles.
- To learn how to set goals, how to make plans for action, and how to decide how well you did (evaluation).
- To learn the skills of record keeping and organization to use now and in the future.
- To learn to communicate and summarize.
- To learn responsibility by completing a task.
- To evaluate information that will market personal skills through future resumes and application forms.
Most of the forms are MSWord documents. OpenOffice is a freeware program to consider downloading if you do not have Microsoft Office on your PC or MAC. PDF files should open on any computer or tablet that has downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader.