Iowa 4-H Animal Care Resources
AnimalWelfare Wednesday's Adobe Connects
- 2014 Speakers
April 2014 - PEDV Update
March 2014 - Current Issues in Animal Care
January 2014 - Ag Gag Proposals
- 2013 Speaker Schedule
December 2013 - Rendering 101: Primer on the Rendering Industry
October 2013 - Your beef check-off and animal welfare
September 2013 - Ag and Social Media Usage
August 2013 - In-House Windrowing of Broiler Litter for Controlling Disease Transfer
July 2013 - Animal Ag Alliance
June 2013 - Heat Stress Management in Livestock
May 2013 - What does youth quality assurance look like in other states?
April 2013 - Experiences in Teaching ASCI 370
March 2013 - How Missouri Ag Associations cooperated to respond to HSUS in their state
February 2013 - Communicating science during controversy
January 2013 - Care of cattle in the feedlot
March 7, 2012 - State Farm animal confinement restrictions
April 4, 2012 - How do we talk to non-farm audiences about animal care
May 2, 2012 - Animal welfare update from Washington, D.C.
June 6, 2012 - Good production practices for producers
July 11, 2012 - The questions only an outsider can ask
August 1, 2012 - Current Animal Welfare Issues
Sept. 5, 2012 - Animal Care discussion
Nov. 7, 2012 - Pain management - what's in it for me?
Dec. 5, 2012 - Humane Certification Programs
Dehorning in Livestock
Heat Stress in Livestock (Nebraska version)
Welfare Conference Videos
(Flash Player needed)
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Welcome message from workshop organizers
- Candace Croney, Ohio State University, How Societal Views Regarding Animal Care Have Evolved; Forces Shaping Those Views
- Charlie Arnot, Center for Food Integrity, Consumers and Animal Welfare
- Candace Croney, Ohio State University, The Role of Ethics in Current Farm Animal Welfare Debates
- Trent Loos, Media Relations: How to Have a Good Working Relationship With Your Media Partners
- Dave Aiken, University of Nebraska, State Farm Animal Confinement Restrictions
- Anna Johnson, Iowa State University, What is Animal Welfare and Animal Rights?
Thursday, May 26, 2011
- Anna Johnson, Iowa State University, The Five Freedoms
- Duane Reese, University of Nebraska, Different Definitions and Applications of Farm Animal Welfare
- Randy Cantrell, University of Nebraska, Key Findings from the UNL & ISU Extension Animal Welfare Survey
- Lindsey Chichester, University of Nebraska, Mike Anderson and Jan Shearer, Iowa State University, Breakout session part 1: Preparing Educators to Help Youth and Volunteers Develop Animal Welfare Skills in the Context of Livestock Shows; also, Identify Educators Willing to Assist in Creating Teaching Material for that Programming Effort.
- Lindsey Chichester, University of Nebraska, Mike Anderson and Jan Shearer, Iowa State University, Breakout session part 2: Continuation of previous recording after small group work. Small groups share their results with the large group.
- Lindsey Chichester, University of Nebraska and Duane Reese, University of Nebraska
- Rick Koelsch, Unversity of Nebraska, Extension's Role in the Animal Welfare Discussion
- Dave Aiken, University of Nebraska, How the Ballot Initiative Process Works in Nebraska