Enroll in Online Training
Online 4-H volunteer training is available for club/project volunteers who are not able to attend the required face to face training module in their county.
Please print out these instructions for your reference as you enroll in the Online 4-H Club Volunteer Training.
- After printing these directions, click on this link Iowa State University Extension Courses to be taken to the page.
- Under “Available Courses” (in the center column), click on the link for the course you want to take.
- After you click on the course, the login page appears where you will have two choices: a login if you already have an account (If you participated in a 4-H Volunteer online training previously, you do.) or an opportunity to create an account.
- Follow the instructions below, based on whether or not you already have an account.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT
Please acquaint yourself with the course page once you arrive there:
- On the left is the “Welcome” box containing general links about the course. Click on each link to discover the helpful information.
- The next box on the left is the “Resources” box containing links to supplemental materials that complement this course.
- When you are ready to start your training, proceed through the material sequentially, starting at the top of the page and working your way through to the bottom.
If you share an e-mail address with another person who needs to complete the training course, you will need to create another e-mail account. Please go to http://get.live.com/mail/options or another email address provider to get a free account. Follow the directions.
You may log out of the course page using the “Logout” link located in the upper right-hand corner, or by closing the window.
To return to the training, go to: 4-H online volunteer training (you may want to bookmark this page, or add it to your favorites) and click on the link in the left navigation bar: Returning User Login. You will be taken to the course log in page. From this point on, fill in your Username andPassword on the left and click “Login” to access this the course.
If you experience trouble with the enrollment process, call 515-294-1017 or 515-294-8658 for assistance. Please identify yourself as a participant in the Online 4-H Club Volunteer Training.
- Ways to Volunteer
- Volunteer Orientation Videos
- Risk Management
- State Volunteer Retreat
- Volunteer Training
- Working with Youth Committees