(with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 60 educators)
If you are interested in scheduling a training, visit our contact page or your county Extension office.
CLL training helps educators become familiar with using the lessons and evaluating outputs and outcomes. It also provides an opportunity to network with other educators, specialists, and interested partners. Training lasts anywhere from three to fifteen hours depending on the curricula covered during the training, and whether teacher licensure and graduate credits are offered. The cost of training varies depending on the curricula, credits, food, and room costs. Participating educators receive the curriculum, books, tapes, CD's, posters and other materials that are appropriate for the grade level they teach. Partners and grants often help to cover costs.
CLL lessons align with
- National Common Core and Iowa Core essential concepts and skills
- Life skills models that develop essential skills, such as healthy living, communication, citizenship, leadership, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making
- Hands-on, experiential education models critical thinking, communication, responsibility, respect, citizenship, decision-making and other important skills
- Howard Gardener's Multiple Intelligences or learning styles
- Blooms Taxonomy and other question strategies
- Four developmental needs of youth and the ISU Extension and Outreach 4-H Youth principles of program development
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills
Please visit our CLL curricula alignment page for more information.
CLL has been developed, implemented and supported by many agriculture, environmental, nutritional, educational, youth development, business, organization, and individual partners. Recent grant participation include: The USDA People's Garden School Pilot Program, Walmart Foundation, Iowa Team Nutrition, S.A.R.E. (regional sustainable agriculture grants), Iowa REAP Conservation Education Program, and several local grants.
- 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Clover Kids
- 4-H Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Growing in the Garden
- Iowa 4-H Afterschool
- Iowa 4-H AmeriCorps
- Service Learning