Online Training for Volunteers
4-H Club Volunteer Training from Iowa State University Extension 4-H
Helping youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
These online trainings will help you
- Gain tips on how to make your clubs and project meetings fun and educational.
- Develop skills to work with a wide age range of young people.
- Become familiar with how 4-H develops youth in the areas of leadership, citizenship, communications, personal life management and project knowledge.
- Create safe environments for youth to work and play.
- Learn about the various supports and opportunities available for 4-H'ers and volunteers.
Review the lessons anytime, anywhere
The course/training costs nothing. You may access it any time of the day from any computer with the right specifications (click on Computer Requirments on the left of this page). You may take the quiz more than once and review the lesson as many times as you wish.
If you need special disability accommodations to take this online course, contact your local county office (hours will vary by county).
For questions about this course: Iowa 4-H Youth Development Office (515) 294-1017
Phone is answered Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
ISU Extension Information Techonology (515) 294-8658
- Ways to Volunteer
- Volunteer Orientation Videos
- Risk Management
- State Volunteer Retreat
- Volunteer Training
- Working with Youth Committees