2014 State 4-H Camp Information and FAQs
What special-themed 4-H Camps will be offered this summer at the Iowa 4-H Center?
- 4-H Veterinary and Animal Science Camp, June 28-July 2
- 4-H STEM Catalysts Camp, July 6-10
Who can attend these camps?
These statewide camps are for young people grades 5-8 in the 2013-14 school year. And you do not have to be a 4-H member to attend.
What will I do on a typical day at camp?
Each day will be a little bit different—but here’s a rundown of how a typical day might look:
- Morning: you’ll take part in hands on learning activities and special programs related to the camp theme.
- Afternoon: you’ll continue to explore the camp theme, and you’ll also have opportunities to enjoy traditional camp favorites like swimming, hiking, climbing, creative arts, recreation and sports.
- After dinner: we’ll have evening programs, campfires, and special events. And there will also be time to just hang out and get to know your fellow campers from around the state.
How much do the camps cost?
Each camp is $240, which includes all your meals, lodging, and special programming costs. Financial aid to attend 4-H Camp at the Iowa 4-H Center is available from the Iowa 4-H Foundation website.
How do I register for these camps?
Registration is online through Iowa State University Conference Registration Services. Payment may be made online with a credit card or a check mailed to ISU Conference Registration Services. Payment is due no later than one week after the camp's registration deadline.
Registration for the 2014 State Camps has closed.
When is the deadline to register for the camps?
- 4-H Veterinary and Animal Science Camp—registration deadline is June 1
- 4-H STEM Catalysts Camp—registration deadline is June 1
Where will I be staying while at camp?
You will be staying in one of the cabins at the Iowa 4-H Center, with as many as 8 to 11 other campers and counselors.
When does camp start? And what time is it over?
Check-in time for the State 4-H Camps is at 4:00 p.m. on the first day, and campers will be released at 11:00 a.m. on the last day.
How do you get to the Iowa 4-H Center?
The Iowa 4-H Center’s address is 1991 Peach Avenue, Madrid, Iowa 50156, but don’t use a GPS—it will lead you astray. Instead download these directions. The camp is located right beside the Iowa Arboretum.