Iowa 4-H Camping
4-H Mission: 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth and adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
Adventures in nature are only part of the experience young people will have at our Youth Camps. 4-H camps offer a hands-on approach to developing the excitement and skills necessary for youth to succeed in a safe and fun setting. The 4-H camp program starts youth on the path to becoming informed citizens and the next generation of scientists and engineers we need for our communities to thrive.
Iowa 4-H camping experiences give kids
- A safe outdoor environment for learning, having fun, and being creative
- A chance to be with caring, trained adults
- A living-learning community
- Resident camps where kids stay overnight in cabins, tents, or under the stars
- Day camps where outdoor creativity, activity and learning take place over several days
- Group and individual time to have fun and learn together
- A learning “laboratory” to practice life skills while exploring nature
Why have a 4-H camping adventure?
- Research shows youth campers benefit in a host of ways, from being smarter, to being more cooperative, to having better overall health.
- 4-H camp activities are led and supervised by Iowa State University 4-H staff and trained adult and teen volunteers.
- Like all 4-H programs, Iowa 4-H camping is focused on the 4-H outcomes of developing productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners.
- Because at Iowa 4-H camps, learning is part of the fun!
- 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Clover Kids
- 4-H Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Connecting Learning & Living Programs
- Iowa 4-H Afterschool
- Iowa 4-H Camping
- Iowa AmeriCorps 4-H Outreach
- Service Learning