Iowa 4-H Camping
4-H Safety and Education in Shooting Sports SESS Youth Camp
September 23-25, 2016, 4-H Center, Madrid, IA
Registration is open to youth entering 4th through 8th grade 2016-2017 school year and who are enrolled in 4-H. At camp youth will have opportunity to explore the SESS program by trying new skills, meeting new friends and making connections with County Shooting Sports Clubs. Hunter Safety training will be provided. Opportunities to develop skills in Archery, Air Rifle, Smallbore, Shotgun Trap, Muzzleloader and Wildlife will be provided.
Registration -- complete the on-line registration at https://goo.gl/mdP7o7
- $150 early registration (deadline 9/1/2016)
- $175 registration (deadline 9/15/2016)
- Juniors (4th-6th grade 2016-17 school year)
- Intermediates (7th & 8th grade 2016-17 school year)
- Senior (9th – 12th grade 2016-17 school year)
4-H Mission: 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth and adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
Adventures in nature are only part of the experience young people will have at our Shooting Sports Youth Camp. 4-H camps offer a hands-on approach to developing the excitement and skills necessary for youth to succeed in a safe and fun setting. The 4-H camp program starts youth on the path to becoming informed citizens and the next generation of scientists and engineers we need for our communities to thrive.
Iowa 4-H camping experiences give kids
- A safe outdoor environment for learning, having fun, and being creative
- A chance to be with caring, trained adults
- A living-learning community
- Resident camps where kids stay overnight in cabins, tents, or under the stars
- Day camps where outdoor creativity, activity and learning take place over several days
- Group and individual time to have fun and learn together
- A learning “laboratory” to practice life skills while exploring nature
Why have a 4-H camping adventure?
- Research shows youth campers benefit in a host of ways, from being smarter, to being more cooperative, to having better overall health.
- 4-H camp activities are led and supervised by Iowa State University 4-H staff and trained adult and teen volunteers.
- Like all 4-H programs, Iowa 4-H camping is focused on the 4-H outcomes of developing productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners.
Because at Iowa 4-H camps, learning is part of the fun!
- 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Clover Kids
- 4-H Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Connecting Learning & Living Programs
- Iowa 4-H Afterschool
- Iowa 4-H Camping
- Iowa AmeriCorps 4-H Outreach
- Service Learning