To provide new 4-H volunteers with the support, encouragement, training and personal contact to help them become well-rounded, knowledgeable, confident 4-H volunteers. This position will help produce a solid network of volunteers to enhance our 4-H youth program.
4-H Needs Caring Adults to
- Attend special mentor volunteer trainings.
- Contact new volunteers and provide a current resource volunteer list for specific project areas
- Help mentor new volunteers and be available to answer questions.
- Contact new volunteers about trainings and meetings that would benefit them or their subject matter (offer rides to meetings, etc.)
- Keep the appropriate Extension staff informed as to progress, needs, and potential issues.
- Being able to share the expertise you possess as a successful 4-H volunteer.
- The satisfaction of helping the 4-H program retain knowledgeable, confident volunteers and seeing the program grow and reach more youth.
- Meeting new people with common interests and goals.
- Being an active partner in helping the 4-H program in your county succeed.
- Listening skills, friendliness, knowledge of 4-H philosophy/goals/program, enthusiastic attitude towards program, enjoys working with others and helping them succeed.
- Communication, listening, and mentoring skills via Extension Staff, Leader Forums, Conferences, etc.
Responsible to and receives counsel and guidance from
- County 4-h Staff
- 4-H Youth Program Specialist
- 2 to 3 years
- 1-3 hours a week