Learn about flying kites, hot air balloons, remote control airplanes, gliders, and space shuttles. The fascination of flying an airplane, launching a rocket, conquering space and becoming an astronaut or pilot will come alive as you explore aviation and space. Or explore the science of rocketry. Use the knowledge you gain to design, build, and launch your own two-liter pop bottle rocket.
If you are already signed up for this 4-H project, come on in and get started. If you haven't signed up yet, contact your county 4-H office and become a member today.
Skills to Achieve Mastery
- Develop science and technology literacy as it relates to aerospace.
- Improve communication and teamwork skills by working on group activities.
- Develop responsible attitudes about science and how science relates to the real world.
- Gain experience in problem solving and decision making using science process skills.
- Gain experience in SET abilities.
Back to 4-H Project Home