In 1903, a group of Sioux County farmers cooperated with Iowa State University to establish the "extension idea" - taking the land-grant college to the people. In 2003, Iowa State University celebrated 100 years of ISU Extension and Outreach helping Iowans become their best.
Beginning in 2012, and over the next several years, county extension offices throughout the state will celebrate their 100 year milestones of organized extension work and the hiring of their first county agents.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will continue to carry Iowa State’s land-grant mission beyond campus, to be the university that best serves the citizens of Iowa over the next 100 years and beyond. We serve as a 99-county campus, connecting the needs of Iowans with Iowa State University research and resources. We provide education and partnerships designed to solve today’s problems and prepare for the future.
Join us as we celebrate these county centennials.
View photos of 2012's centennial celebrations from Harrison, Muscatine and Clinton counties on our Facebook page.